"By wisdom a house is built, and by understanding it is established; and by knowledge its rooms are filled with all precious and pleasant treasures." Proverbs 24:3

"I'll Fly To You"


This song was written for my grandma Helen.  She was born and raised in "paradise" (Hawaii) and she has now passed on to the eternal paradise (Heaven).  When I visited her in January 2010 I knew it would most likely be the last time I saw her on Earth.  I always remember her being so strong.  Her arms were strong from a life time of house work and carrying babies.  Her voice was strong from singing, laughing, and yelling at kids : )  She loved the old church hymns and she loved reading the Bible.

When I visited her for the last time she was so weak she couldn't walk on her own and I couldn't understand her quiet, mumbled words.  At night I would read the Bible to her and sing hymns.  She would cry and I could only imagine the memories that those old hymns and verses brought back to her fading memory.  I wished I had more time with her.

When I returned home I was inspired to write this song and send it to her with other hymns so she could listen to them.  And about a year later, it was played at her memorial service.  We recorded this song in our makeshift home studio.  My dad is playing the ukulele and guitar, Mr. Incredible is playing the bass, and that's me singing.  Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment