"By wisdom a house is built, and by understanding it is established; and by knowledge its rooms are filled with all precious and pleasant treasures." Proverbs 24:3

Bumble Bee's Birthday




Bumble Bee is a cute, vivacious bee, with an endearing face.  But don't be fooled by that sweet smile and darling cherry red nose, because behind all that fluffy cuteness, Bumble Bee is really a very menacing creature.  You see he is always chasing me and trying to sting me when I least expect it.  I tolerate him only because he does help the anchor sleep well at night.

He has only been in our household for a few short months, so you can imagine my surprise when I found out that it was his birthday last week.  It was just before lunch when the boys told me that Bumble Bee was turning one that very day, and didn't I know? and hadn't I planned a party for him?

Well, I admit, I was caught off guard and hadn't so much as bought a present for Bumble Bee.  So I told them that they had better get invitations out right away, and decorations, and presents, and that it was a good thing I had a chocolate cake with pink frosting and pink sugar sprinkles in the freezer ready to be thawed out for such an occasion.

Directly after lunch all the animals showed up for games, presents, cake, and dancing.  It was a joyous occasion.  Fun was had by all members of the animal kingdom.


Here is Bumble Bee with some of his guests:  Penguin, The Anchor, Pokey, Orca, and Otter.



Bumble Bee needed a little help blowing out his candle.


Present Time!  Penguin was a little jealous and wanted the presents for himself.  I think Otter and Purple Monkey were tired from all the festivities.  And Pokey is camera shy, so he was hiding.



Bumble Bee loved his presents:  a gun, a bird, and a baby tiger. 


Here he is giving his little tiger a kiss.

I hope you enjoyed the pictures of Bumble Bee's birthday party.  Now I'm off to make another cake to freeze.  With so many animal friends in our household, I never know when the next event that warrants chocolate cake with pink frosting will pop up!

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing Bumble Bee's party with us. How much I miss having little boys!

    :) Laura (Lyons)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting, Laura. I can't imagine having my boys all grown up like yours are. It's sad just thinking about it. I need to pick your brain more about raising boys!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete