"By wisdom a house is built, and by understanding it is established; and by knowledge its rooms are filled with all precious and pleasant treasures." Proverbs 24:3

Purple Carrots!

Just a quick post to say, "I love fresh veggies!"  We are part of a local farm co-op which means we pay a fee, put in some work days, and get to harvest whatever's in season.  This week I picked up ten heads of garlic (yum, these last all winter!) lots of onion, zucchini, squash, and fresh basil.  We've been eating lots of yummy salads with all kinds of lettuce and spinach.  The most interesting veggie I pick up this summer was the purple carrot.  I had never seen one before, but they are pretty and very tasty.  Here are a couple of pictures for your viewing pleasure.  

Look at how bright and colorful they are inside!   

And because I didn't know how to spell zucchini I looked it up and learned a new word in the process.  Those caps that Roman Catholic priests wear are called zucchettos.  Zucca means 'gourd or head.'  A priest wears black, a bishop wears purple, cardinals wear red, and the pope wears white.  Now you know!!

No comments:

Post a Comment