"By wisdom a house is built, and by understanding it is established; and by knowledge its rooms are filled with all precious and pleasant treasures." Proverbs 24:3

Home Made Poptarts!

I'm slightly ashamed to admit there was a time in my life that I would actually crave Strawberry Frosted Pop tarts.  That was when I was much younger and rarely ever read labels.  Before my health and body started rebelling against the years of existing on this earth.  Before I had any other growing bodies to feed.  So, when I read about home made pop tarts I immediately put them on my menu plan.  (click for the recipe)
My two boys were thrilled when I announced it was pop tart day.  They chose purple frosting and white and pink sprinkles.  It was like having dessert for breakfast which makes the start of the day so much more fun.  (Next time I'll make them for dessert.)  They were so cute that I had to take pictures of them.  And, oh, they were good!  They were so good that I let the boys eat theirs first and saved mine so that I could enjoy them with my coffee and my Bible alone
 I saved one and a half for my husband.  (The half was because I couldn't stop.)  After work he quickly changed and came back to the kitchen for his snack : )  "How was it?"  I asked.  "Good!  You should make these a lot more." was his response.  I would like a good recipe for whole wheat crust.  Maybe then I could feel better about having them for breakfast ; )

No comments:

Post a Comment